South Holland Library Passport
Becoming a member of another library in South Holland for only €5,- is possible with the South Holland Library Passport.
As a registered user of one of the South Holland public libraries, you can apply for a free South Holland Library ‘Passport’. On presentation of this passport you can register at one or more other public libraries in South Holland. You will then receive a library card for usage in the library in question. The cost of the library passport is €5,-. If the library concerned operates a system with differentiated lending fees, the standard package will be applicable.
- A library passport can be obtained free of charge at any moment.
- The library passport is only applicable to individual customers and not to schools and institutions.
- The passport must be filled in and stamped at the library where you have already registered or where you are going to register for the first time. The library passport will be valid for the length of the contribution period.
- In the library of your choice you will receive a library card at a charge of maximally €5,- for the duration of the validity period of your passport. (Some libraries charge a lower fee).
- The charge must be paid in cash. It is possible to use the same library passport in other South Holland public libraries.
- In order to obtain this library card you will need to present to the library concerned, a proof of identity in accordance with their regulations.
- At whichever library you borrow, the individual rules of the library concerned will always remain valid.
- Library materials can only be returned at the library where they have been borrowed.
- The passport is also valid in mobile libraries.
- In some cases libraries have made agreements to deviate from the regulations as described above. The libraries in question will inform you if necessary.
- In case the subscription, obtained with a South Holland Library Passport, has expired, the applicant needs to have his passport filled in for a new subscription period at his home library.
- You need a special membership card in order to borrow at the Rotterdam Central Music Library.
- Attention: if you have your library subscription renewed you have to fill in a South Holland Library Passport once again. Your old passport will no longer be valid.
Further inquiries about the South Holland Library Passport can be obtained at your library or by addressing the secretary of Stichting Bibliothekenoverleg Zuid-Holland: